We had some serious rain here in Nashville on Saturday and Sunday.....getting up to 16 inches in some places. It was crazy. We have A LOT of bad flooding all thru middle Tennessee. It's really sad. A lot of people have lost their homes, or have had serious damage. Addi's school is at a church just down the road from us, and school has been canceled for the week due to flooding. Today Tristan and Alicia were off school because of flooding over roads and bridges. Here in Franklin, we are surrounded by the Harpeth River. There are lots of little creeks that flow into it, and were therefore, flooded. Bridges were flooded over, roads were literally washed away. It has never rained so much...we broke all sorts of records....and not the happy kind. People have lost their lives in the most unfortunate ways. Super sad. I found this video on YouTube. Click here to watch it. It gives you a good idea of a lot of the flooding. At the end it shows the flooding of the Cumberland River downtown by LP Field. There is just SO much water....and it is rising before it falls, due to the water running in from the smaller rivers, streams, creeks, etc. Here are some photos of what it looked like right outside our front door. Luckily, we were unscathed....

So the first water you see closest to the front of the photo is in the ditch in our front yard, then the road, then the creek across our street...totally flooded...it created more of a lake than a creek. The house you see in the back left of the photo had some flooding.

Our own little stream created in our front yard.

I did not take the rest of these photos...I downloaded them from other websites.
This is a park a few miles from our house that sits right along the Harpeth River. I guess we won't get to play there for a while.....

The rest of these are a few shots of downtown Nashville.




3 comments:
YIKESSSSSSS! That is scary! Do you guys have the red clay in Tennessee like North Carolina? It is so hard that water does not soak into it easily. Flooding seriously scares me like crazy.
wow..I am so glad you guys are safe. I was thinking about you yesterday as I saw the news:)
That is incredible. We are so glad you are safe!
Post a Comment