CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Road Trip

Over the weekend I took the kids for a little road trip up to St. Louis to visit my sister and her family. I had the realization that Cari will only be in St. Louis for just over a year before she moves somewhere far away, so I decided I needed to be better about getting in the car to take road trips. I took a bit of a sabbatical over the past 6 months (I got so sick of the car)!! But now I'm back in the game!!!

When I made my travel plans, I neglected to realize that it fell over Valentine's Day....oops! Not very girly of me!! Daniel was a little bummed out, but he had lots to do to get ready for his board exams next month and to present another poster at a conference in San Diego (also next month), so he kept himself busy. He also got me some pink roses upon my return...isn't he so sweet!!!

We had a great visit. It was fun to be back in our old stompin' ground. We drove by our old house and thru the neighborhood (which has changed a lot with tear-downs and new builds). We went to church with our old congregation and we enjoyed seeing lots of familiar faces. Tristan ended up spending the whole day with one of his buddies (which I think was a bit of a relief for him since he's the oldest cousin...I think he often gets bored). We went to the Science Center on Saturday (I love how so many things in St. Louis are FREE). Cari made some delicious chocolate fondue which we ate for dessert on Valentine's and then Sunday and Monday since it was so good and there was still some left over!
The building of the arch. The kids gathered the blocks for Cari and I while we held it up, but when we tried to connect the 2 sides with the last block, my side was too short...imagine that. So Cari had to do some real finagling, but as you can see, it all worked out!

Alicia and Adelaide walking the balance beam...not easy to do when you try doing it by looking in the 2 mirrors in front of you!!

Alicia and I in our 3-D glasses. I think I might get myself a pair....

We stopped in Metropolis, Illinios on the way home to go potty and get gas. They advertise that they are the home of Superman (wasn't he from Kansas???). Anyway, I had to do some serious coaxing to get Tristan to pose for this picture...I'm sure he would not be impressed with me to know I put it on my blog!!!!

2 comments:

Em & M said...

you going to make a road trip to roanoke virginia? i mean im only that close for 4 months ha ha

Judi said...

Your trip sounded fun! We miss the free stuff in St. Louis too. So how is Frontenac? Still the same or a lot of new faces? I bet all were glad to see you and the kids.