CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fall Break

Wow, it has been a while since our last post! Two weeks ago, I came down with a cold and completley lost my voice. In the midst of dealing with that, I got the stomach flu, which I was kind enough to pass along to everyone else. I ended up having to clean up all the messes when my stomach wasn't feeling quite right yet. It was miserable and I had another sense of appreciation for my own mother. By the time I was finished cleaning carpets and bedding, it was time to start packing for our Fall Break trip.

The kids had Friday through Tuesday off for Fall Break and Daniel had his vacation scheduled at the same time, so we decided to make a trip to the Lake of the Ozarks where Daniel's parents live. Unfortunately, they were off visiting other grandkids in Louisiana, so we only got to see them one day, but we had fun hanging out with Daniel's brother, Nate and his family who live at the lake as well. We had hoped to get out on the water, but it was chilly and rainy, so we didn't do much in that respect. We took the "big boat" out for a couple of rides and Addi was constantly asking to go on the "boap." My parents drove down from Kansas City to spend the day with us on Sunday, so it was nice to see them.

Daniel doesn't go back to work until Monday, so he is keeping himself busy with a very long "to-do" list he came up with all by himself. I was pretty impressed. He has also decided to try growing a beard....I'm not sure what else to say about that, so I'll leave that alone. He has also arranged an anesthesia BBQ here at the house on Saturday. The man just can't be still. He's always got to have about 80 things going on.

I've enjoyed having Daniel home all day, although I'll be ready for Addi and I to be back to our regular schedule next week....assuming I don't get sick with something else. Today we went out to lunch to get sushi. I used to HATE sushi until I was pregnant and couldn't have it...then I craved it...go figure.

I don't have any pictures to add for this blog. We didn't take a single one on our trip, even though we took both cameras...oh well!

0 comments: