We spent spring break in the southeast corner of Tennessee, in a little place called Gatlinburg which is located in the Smoky Mountains. It was an idea Daniel had, so the rest of us went along for the ride. We invited Daniel's parents and his 2 brothers, but only 1 brother (Nate and family) was able to come. We had a great time huddled away in a cabin in the mountains with a great view. We did lots of activities including hiking, mini golf, hot tubbing, the Ripley's Believe It or Not Aquarium, the Hard Rock Cafe, and the Dixie Stampede. Tristan especially liked the Dixie Stampede....we asked him if it was because of Dolly Parton, but we never really got an answer for that question. It was a neat show, though. They serve you dinner with out any eating utensils, and then divide the arena into the North and the South. We were a part of the North, and I'm proud to say that the North won again!!!!!! Although, the South was VERY loud....imagine that! At the end Dolly Parton shows up on a big screen and talks about how there is no North, South, East or West, but one nation under one flag, and then she sings a really cheesey song. None the less, it was still a very entertaining show. Here are some pictures of our trip!

(Tristan and the view from our cabin.)
(Cindy, Tam, me, Adelaide, and Alicia in front of the sting ray tank. Alicia even got to pet the sting rays! I think Adelaide is pulling Alicia's hair in this picture; for some reason she thinks it is great fun....Alicia is really good about it though.)
(Adelaide and I in front of a shark. She loved to clap when the sharks came close!)
(Aunt Brenda helping Alicia pick up a crab....the girl is fearless!)(A scarey looking eel that Daniel thought was so cool. I think he was just camera happy!)

(Lunch Time! We were really amazed with how close we were to the sharks. They had tunnels going through the aquarium tank that we could walk through to get up close and personal without the fear of getting eaten.)

(Amazing Photography, isn't it? All thanks to Daniel's new camera!)
(Adelaide and I looking at all the fishy's. She LOVED to look at all the brightly colored fish! We must have looked at this tank for over 20 minutes! She thought it was great!)
(Aunt Brenda bravely undertook the Easter sugar cookie making activity. The kids all had a great time!)
(Tam and I at the waterfall we hiked to in the Smokie mountains.)

(Alicia and Grandpa mini golfing.)

(The Dixie Stampede! L-R Tamblyn, Alicia, Adelaide, Tristan, and Max)
1 comments:
It looks like you had a great time. I love all the photos. I'm amazed that the aquarium photos didn't turn out blurry (mine do, but that is probably because I don't know what I am doing). I love Alicia's big smile while she is making cookies, and Addi is in the middle of the action, too. Yum Yum!
Post a Comment